Monday, March 16, 2009

That's the ticket

I have been unsure about the direction to take this bike since I dismantled it. There are a lot of really cool mods to the XS11 out there. The ones I like most turn the seat into a solo and drop the rear of the bike so that the fender is just an inch off of the tire. The negative to this is that it lowers the seat, which is currently at a nice height for my inseam. The second is that it effectively turns the bike into a hardtail. Which is a little too unforgiving on the ol' spinal column.

Recently though I found a bike that I really like and am working towards. I wont be doing to fancy flames and I like the idea of dual four inch headlamps, but the black wheels, shorter bars and bags on the back look pretty nice. 

Now I just need the engine casing back from Carriaga Machine where they are cleaning years of soot and a lot of road grime off so that I can paint it black and assemble it.

No comments: