Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wiring Harness has been tamed

Anyone who has ever torn into an XS1100 will tell you that the electrical system is a jumbled mess of many many wires. I have been afraid of messing with the harness because it has so many arms with multiple connectors and wires attached. I looks like the remains of some cyborg sea monster hanging from the rafters in my garage.

We yesterday I brought it out, set it on the bike and in under two hours I had it back in place. I haven't hooked up the battery or the head and tail lights, so I don't know if it works yet, but, the connector are connected and those that aren't are ready to meet their match when I get the engine and lights in place.

I found one of the two headlights that I am going to us at Harbor Freight in Tucson over spring break. I ordered the other online, but I wouldn't recommend using their online ordering system. Have a friend in a town with a Harbor Freight buy what you need and ship it to you.

As soon as I am able to get the battery and lights installed, I will post photos.

No comments: