Monday, April 6, 2009

Paint issues

The day we left for California over spring break to attend the Game Developers Conference and take the kids to Disneyland, I received a call telling me that the engine casing had been bead blasted with plastic beads and was ready to be picked up.

So I haven't had much of a chance to work on the bike.

This last weekend however, I did get the chance to clean and paint the calipers and reassemble the front brakes. They look nice, though I think I should have taken more photos of the bike as I disassembled it.

I did sand through a part of the silver flames and had to touch it up before I can clear coat the tank.

I still have to clean a billion tiny plastic beads from the engine casing, and figure out how to make the wire harness work. but all in all it looks like the light at the end of the tunnel may not be a train.

No comments: