Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ah the open road.


Ain't she a beaut? Notice the chrome trim around the tank. I have since dropped the gauges about two inches to lower the profile. I ordered some oval chrome mirrors and won a 1972 Honda CB750 rear fender which is a full chrome half circle fender. When that comes in I will look at adding a spring seat or building a new solo seat pan out of fiberglass and having it upholtered in brown leather and tooled with a grapevine western pattern.

I am not really sure that I am ready to drive to Artesia or Hobbs, but I took it out and around for an hour or so and it seemed to run well. Stopped once and had trouble starting it up again. The RPMs top out at around 5K, and it stalls sometimes at stop signs. Sometimes the engine revs at 3K during a stop and other times it drops and stalls.

I added Seafoam to the gas, ran it a bit, then let it sit over night. It seems to have helped, I assume it cleaned the carbs some, but I am not entirely sure what it really did. The guys at XS11.com told me to do it, and so I did.

Not really sure why or how to fix it. I think I am going to take it to a mechanic and let them fine tune it. That involves money, so we will have to wait and see.

No comments: