Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The fender is Mounted with new tail lights

I ran home at lunch and mounted the two tail lights. I will need to come up with a prettier bracket, but for now, I used four steel "L" brackets. I will have to replace the bottom one with a similar light that illuminates the license plate. The plate will mount towards the bottom of the fender. Centered, not out to the side.



I mounted the front of the rear fender by sacrificing a steel carpenters square. The longer end was bent to attach with hose clamps to the right side swing arm while the shorter end was bent up and bolted to the fender.


I moved the blinkers forward in preparation of the chopping off of the last ten inches of the seat and old fender bar. I hope to find two spikes to cap the bars off., but that will come later.

Next is cleaning the carbs. I am not looking forward to that.

The photo below is the original image while the one below that is a photoshopped version of what I am hoping for. Notice the seat and spikes on the Photoshopped image. The untouched seat is a cardboard mockup that I still need to build out of fiberglass and have upholstered.



No comments: