Monday, September 14, 2009

Mounting the Rear Fender

Not much happened on the bike this weekend. I bought some steel plat and a small angle iron and proposed to attache the new rear fender. Unfortunately I could not figure out a way to attach the front of the fender to the swing arm. My original plan proved too weak and so I am going to try plan B. Now to come up with a plan B.

Here are a few shots of what it looks like with the two side supports on. I think I may need to have someone who understands metalwork better than I do, build some sturdy supports, but this was a fun experiment and I think that it would work if all else fails.


I am open to any thoughts about how to attach the front of the fender to the swing arm?



Notice the new chrome Road Star mirrors? $15 off of ebay.
I may have to attach the tail light with a little more than masking tape, but we will see what happens there.

No comments: