Friday, October 2, 2009

Roar!!!!

And so, with the carbs cleaned, I filled the tank and prepared to coax the bike to life. By coax, I mean the usual riggormaroll: throttle up and down, choke it in and out, bounce on the seat, let it sit, try again in ten minutes... etc.

BUT MY FRIEND.... THIS WAS NOT TO BE ON THIS FATEFUL DAY.

I turned the key to the on position, started the fuel flowing and hit start... BOOM! CHUGGA ROOM! VROOOM! It roared to life with a sound that makes even large bikes whimper!

IT IS ALIVE! Mua Ha Ha!

But seriously, it literally roared to life! varooom. Apparently, I had the throttle set too high from when the carbs were dirty, so it quickly jumped into the 7000 RPM range. After a little tweaking I have it humming nicely at 1500 RPM. I still need to hide the wiring mess in the front fork bag, but that is a ten minute job for this evening.

Man it feels good to have it purr like that. I feel ready to take on the world. But I have to teach class in a few minutes, so I will hope back into the JEEP and drive, not ride to work.

Will post pictures of the painted seat this weekend.

Man, do I feel good. I really built a bike! I mean really... and it works afterwards! Better than when I bought it! Ha. Thanks again to all of you guys for all of your support. I am on cloud nine!

No comments: