Sunday, August 15, 2010

Not quite the weekend I had hoped for...

Well... well... well...

Um, the weekend didn't turn out quite like I had hoped. Not because of the intense heat that only the mosquitos seemed to enjoy (I guess they like their food fried) or because of the many other things going on, and there were plenty. This weekend didn't turn out like I had hoped because of a dab blasted pilot jet that sat stripped out at the bottom of a small tube in one of the carburetors. I attempted to remove it with an extracting tool, but the tip of the bit broke off in the jet. Grumble grumble.

I ended up putting the carb in the freezer so I can heat up the aluminum housing and hopefully it will expand faster than the brass jet and I can get the little bugger out without seriously harming the carb. The jet is lost and I care not for it anymore. After all the trouble it has caused me, I plan to flick it over my shoulder into the bin with a good portion of disgust.

But first I will have to use the diamond tipped engraving tool on the Dremmel and get rid of the extractor tip that sits mockingly inside the jet.

Oh well, at least I got to tinker with it some this weekend. Maybe next weekend will be the magic weekend. Though at this point, I am not holding my breath.

No comments: