Thursday, August 26, 2010

And we have a winner! twice.

After determining that I needed a new carb body, because I couldn't get the jet out, I bid for a "new" set of carbs on ebay. Shortly after that, a buddy offered to look at the old jet. He was able to get the jet out and now just needs to rethread the body in order to fix it. In the mean time, I won the carbs off of ebay, so I will now have two complete sets! Woo hoo.

In the mean time, I began cleaning the garage up to prepare for the new carbs. I will need to clean them out and buff them up before I am able to install them again, but I am getting pretty excited about the prospect of getting the bike running again.

We shall see.

Here she is before the carb issues. What a purty bike, No?

3 comments:

Tom Rogers said...

Sam,
Your XS1100 ROCKS! I like the flame job quite a bit. I have a 1980 XS1100 as well. It has a sidecar, and my goal is to get it back to mostly stock. Seems like I have old bikes in the DNA, I have yet to own something that is made in the 21st century. Take care and keep posting your adventures! Tom

Anonymous said...

Any news on the rebuild since the last post in 2010?

Sam Moon Christensen said...

Sorry Anonymous,
The bike has been sitting in the garage gathering dust. Have not made time to try and get it running.
May try to sell it or see if someone can revive it for me. Too many other things grabbing for my attention.