Sunday, October 18, 2009

Totally Rebuilt Carbs

Thanks to a wonderful and understanding wife who took over the care our sick kids, I was able to spend the entire day in the garage this Saturday. Now I have a clean garage as well as a very clean set of the carbs. It took a lot longer than I would have imagined, but I think I got all the gunk cleared out. It took a set of tiny brushes, two cans of carb cleaner, time and a set of steel string guitar wires to clean out a myriad of tiny ports and holes, but after a good soak, scrub and cleaning, all four carbs are back together. As soon as the new Petcock kit arrives, I will rebuild them, install the tank, sync the carbs and zing off into the sunset... or maybe just cruise around town a bit.

Plus, now I have a sparkling clean garage to play in.

No comments: